We are excited to announce that Vital Voices Global Partnership is accepting applications for a training program for women business owners of small and medium enterprises (SMEs), the 2014-2015 VV GROW Fellowship Program. The application deadline is March 2, 2014 for the Africa and LAC regions, and March 15, 2014 for MENA.
VV GROW Fellowship Program Overview
Vital Voices identifies high potential yet underserved women-owned small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) that are on the cusp of growth as the “missing middle” in the global economy. Based on its experience with women business owners around the world, Vital Voices has launched the VV GROW Fellowship Program, a one-year competitive program to support growth-oriented women business owners to take their businesses and leadership to the next level. The program supports women-owned enterprises in, Latin America and the Caribbean, the Middle East and North Africa, and Sub-Saharan Africa to set and achieve business growth goals with a unique blend of online learning, in-person training, and tailored support services.
VV GROW Fellows will gain knowledge and skills in the following topics:
- Business Planning
- Guides fellows in validating their business growth goals and developing a plan to achieve those goals. By the end of the workshop, participants will have an actionable 3-5 year plan for business growth.
- Utilizes the Vital Voices Leadership Model to instill methods of building leadership skills to positively impact their business, employees and wider community.
- Equips fellows with the skills and knowledge to analyze, manage, and supervise the finances of their business.
- Guides fellows to create their personal brand and “elevator pitch” to promote their business and successfully utilize new connections.
- Guides fellows in identifying key market opportunities such as expanding existing markets and accessing new ones.
- Leadership Training
- Executive Financial Management
- Networking for Business Professionals
- Understanding Your Market
The one-year program timeline consists of 4 components:
- A competitive participant selection process and business needs assessment
- Online preparatory sessions with Harvard Manage Mentor and Vital Voices advisors before the training, that guide fellows in drafting a business plan that they will refine throughout the training
- An in-person regional training
- An opportunity to access follow-on services such as technical advising, webinars featuring technical experts, business to business opportunities, mentors, and small grants
Implemented at the regional level, the program is localized to ensure that the program is applicable to women business owners and the business environments in which they operate.
Applicants’ personal and business information will remain confidential. Individual responses are only seen by Vital Voices staff and VV GROW Trainers. Individual responses will be used solely for program participant selection, program tailoring, and monitoring and evaluation.
If selected for the program, please note that acceptance is NON-TRANSFERABLE. Successful applicants selected to participate in the program may not transfer their acceptance to another individual.
Who to Contact for Questions?
If the applicant encounters questions or problems with the application, please have them contact Liz Ramey at email@example.com
How Can Applicants Apply?
Applicants can APPLY online at http://bit.ly/1ffl7UQ. Upon receipt of the application, the applicant will receive a confirmation email from Vital Voices.
The application for the 2014-2015 VV GROW Fellowship Program will be open until March 2, 2014 for the Africa and LAC regions, and March 15, 2014 for MENA.
Note: This application should take approximately one hour to complete; however, the applicant will be able to save their answers and return to the application at any time.
If you have any questions or comments regarding the VV GROW Fellowship Program, please feel free to contact Vital Voices at VVGROWLAC@vitalnetwork.org